Another iconic Australian aircraft returns from a 1960's design by George Hahn, with our Laser Cut Short Kit of the Victa Airtourer 115.
To quote the designer, "If you want a full scale model that flies just the way you wished all your planes would fly, this is it! The plane grooves so nicely I have been putting off a temptation to build a duplicate or two for my everyday flying. Try one and see if you agree."
The original plan shows a foam core wing, but we have re-drawn the wing plan sheet and included conventional ribs & spars for a lighter and strong wing.
The kit also includes a large one piece vacuum formed canopy. (Due to it's size the vacuum formed canopy ships separately to the kitset via Airmail).
- Wingspan: 58" / 1473mm
- Number of channels: 5
- Recommended engine size: 60 two stroke, 75 four stroke or electric equivalent
- Includes full sized rolled plan and the original construction article
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 4
- 2.0 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 12
- 2.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 5
- 9.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 2.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 8
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 12
- 9.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 4
- 5.0 x 12.5 x 915 Trailing Edge x 2
- 12.5 x 12.5 x 915 Triangle x 1
- 9.5 x 9.5 x 300 Engine Bearer x 2
- 9.5 x 12.5 x 300 Engine Bearer x 2
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.