Taylorcraft BC12-D 1/4 Scale 108" 120 to 150 Size
If you're looking for a large, high wing, light aircraft that flies beautifully, then the Taylorcraft BC12-D could be just what you're looking for.
The full size Taylorcraft is an American made light single engine aircraft built by Taylorcraft Aviation Corporation. It was designed and manufactured by Clarence Taylor, who was an early employee of what was to become Piper Aircraft. Taylor vowed to build a personal aircraft superior to the Piper Cub, so he formed his own company, and the Taylorcraft was born.
Our model is based on the plan drawn by Phil Kent in 1997. The original plan was drawn using Taylorcraft 3 Views and direct measurements from a full size Taylorcraft.
The resulting 1/4 scale model at 108" wingspan is a delightful flying model, and the first models built from the plan had very successful competition records winning the Scottish Nationals and the Clubman event at the British Nationals. Powered by a Laser 100 and 120, both models were adequately powered.
The woodwork and plan interpretation skills skills required on this model are similar to those required for most 1/4" scale projects. There is some heavier metalwork required in construction of the undercarriage and supports around the cockpit area. The kitset does not include any of the require metals.
- Wingspan: 108" / 2743mm
- Number of channels: 4
- Recommended engine size: 120 to 150 four stroke
- Includes full sized rolled plan and the original construction article
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 2.5 x 100 x 1220 Balsa Sheets x 2
- 3.0 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 3
- 3.0 x 100 x 1220 Balsa Sheets x 1
- 12.5 x 100 x 1220 Balsa Sheets x 1
- 1.5 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 10
- 3.0 x 3.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 8
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 8
- 6.5 x 19 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 9115 Spruce Sticks x 4
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 1220 Spruce Sticks x 2
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 1220 Spruce Sticks x 4
- 6.5 x 12.5 x 1229 Spruce Sticks x 8
- 8.0 x 11.0 Spruce Sticks x 2
- 8.0 x 19.0 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 2
- 0.4 x 300 x 600 Birch Plywood x 1
- 0.8 x 300 x 1200 Birch Plywood x 1
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.