The Sunspot was designed in the mid 1940's by Ron Yeabsley as a 121" Free Flight Glider.
We have modified the original Free Flight design and included in our kitset an additional plan and laser cut parts for a new tailplane with elevators, and fin and rudder for RC use.
UK Customers - Please note that the short kit does not reach the £135 VAT border threshold and is therefore not available for purchase.
- Wingspan: 121" / 3074mm
- Number of channels: 2
- Includes full sized rolled plan plus additional RC conversion plan
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 0.8 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 6
- 1.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 6.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 14
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 1220 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 12.5 x 12.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 12.5 x 12.5 x 1220 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 1
- 3.0 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 10
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 1
- 35 x 100 x 300 Balsa Block x 1
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.