The Super Sportster was originally produced in sizes from 20 to 60 size, and they quickly became popular models due to their outstanding flying characteristics.
We all know the bigger they are, the nicer they fly, so for those who like their aircraft with a 120 four stroke up the front, there's a 72" Super Sportster designed by Jim Feldmann that will be just perfect for 75 to 108 two stroke, or 90 to 120 four stroke power.
If you've soloed anything more than a basic trainer, you can fly this model. With an OS 120 up front it will fly almost any sport aerobatic manoeuvre you can throw at it, and it will still slow right down for landing.
Our kitset includes a vacuum formed clear canopy.
- Wingspan: 72" / 1828mm
- Number of channels: 4
- Recommended engine size: 75 - 108 two stroke or 90 to 120 four stroke
- Includes full sized rolled plan and the original construction article
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 7
- 2.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 7
- 3.0 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 3
- 8.0 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 3 (2 x 8mm Sheet Laminated For Ailerons)
- 9.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 2
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 6
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 3
- 9.5 x 12.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Triangle x 1
- 9.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Triangle x 1
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 1220 Spruce x 4
- 9.5 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce x 4
- 8.0 dia dowel x 300
- K&S #509 Music wire
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.