Dirty Birdy 64" 60 Size
Another classic from designer Joe Bridi, the Dirty Birdy became almost legendary in competition circles. The 64" 60 size Dirty Birdy was designed to fly all of the AMA and FAI patterns in it's day.
It's clean design produced a fast aircraft which moves well in the air, but landings can still be a slow as you want them to be. The Dirty Birdy is a very predictable and reliable aircraft that you can enjoy in competition or on Sunday mornings at the club.
The kitset also includes a vacuum formed canopy.
- Wingspan: 64" / 1625mm
- Number of channels: 4 - 5
- Recommended engine size: 60 two stroke or electric equivalent
- Includes full sized rolled plan and the original construction article
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 2.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 9
- 9.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 1
- 2.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 9.5 x 12.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 9.5 x 19.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 5
- 35 x 35 x 300 Balsa Blocks x 2
- 9.5 x 45 x 915 Trailing Edge x 2
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Triangle x 3
- 9.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Triangle x 2
- 19.0 x 19.0 x 915 Balsa Triangle x 1
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.