The Curare, a design from Hanno Prettner considered state of the art in it's day, is a fantastic F3A aerobatic model that won the 1977 World RC Aerobatic Champs. Here's your chance to fly a legend!
The Curare performs amazing aerobatic routines with a 60 size two stroke, 90 four stroke or 10cc petrol, or 5 cell electric motor.
We have re-engineered some aspects of the build to simplify construction, and better align with modern building practices. To accompany the modifications we have completely re-drawn the plan to match.
Also included is a vacuum formed canopy.
- Wingspan: 64" / 1625mm
- Number of channels: 6
- Recommended engine size: 60 two stroke, 91 four stroke or 5 cell electric equivalent
- Includes full sized rolled plan and the designers original construction article
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 1.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 2
- 2.0 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 16
- 12.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 5.0 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 9.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 9.5 x 9.5 x 915 Triangle x 2
- 12.5 x 12.5 x 915 Triangle x 2
- 25 x 25 x 915 Triangle x 2
- 10 x 14 x 915 Leading Edge x 2
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.