The prototype Anderson Kingfisher was designed and built by Earl Anderson, a Boeing 747 Captain. It took him 9 years to complete, with the first flight made in 1969. Standard Piper Cub wings were used, and the result is a fun amphibian which flies like a Cub!
Our Laser Cut Kit is from a 1990 plan from legendary scale designer Dennis Tapsfield. With those Piper Cub wings at 108", for 90 to 120 size engines, this is a beautiful looking and great flying aircraft.
We have improved on the original design with redesigned fuselage formers making up the front nose section, simplifying the build, and interlocking parts to accurately create the wing tip floats without having to do any foam cutting.
- Wingspan: 108" / 2743mm
- Number of channels: 4
- Recommended engine size: 90 two stroke or 120 four stroke
- Includes full sized rolled plan and the original construction article
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 0.8 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 1.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 2
- 2.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 6
- 2.5 x 100 x 1220 Balsa Sheet x 2
- 3.0 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 6
- 5.0 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 2
- 5.0 x 100 x 1220 Balsa Sheet x 2
- 6.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 2
- 12.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 1.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 20
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 8
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 12
- 6.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 9.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 9.5 x 19 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 2
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 1220 Spruce Sticks x 12
- 0.8 x 300 x 600 Birch Plywood Sheet x 1
- 1/8" x 36" K&S Music Wire x 1
- 3/16" x 36" K&S Music Wire x 1
- 1/4" x 36" K&S Aluminium Tube x 2
- 3/8" x 36" K&S Streamline Aluminium Tube x 4
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.