Hanriot Dupont H.D.1. 72" 90 Size
The Hanriot HD.1 was a French World War I single-seat fighter aircraft, supplied mainly to the Belgian and the Italian air forces with whom it proved highly successful. A total of about 1,200 examples were built.
The type was a conventional fighter with the general characteristics of a typical Sopwith type, being strong but lightly built, and combining clean lines with a light wing loading. In particular, it used the same "W" cabane strut arrangement as the Sopwith two-seater. It had a flat lower wing, though the top wing had quite sharp dihedral.
Our kitset includes laser cut cowling rings to allow you to laminate and sand the engine cowling to shape from balsa and ply parts.
- Wingspan: 72" / 1828mm
- Number of channels: 4
- Recommended engine size: 60 size two stroke or 90 four stroke
- Includes full sized rolled plan
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 1.5 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 3.0 x 3.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 3
- 5.0 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 6
- 1.5 x 5.0 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 5
- 1.5 x 6.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 6
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 4
- 3.0 x 9.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 6
- 3.0 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 2
- 5.0 x 9.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 1
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 6
- 6.5 x 9.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 6
- 6.5 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 2
- K&S Music Wire 0.055" x 36" x 2
- K&S Music Wire 0.078" x 36" x 1
- K&S Music Wire 3/32" x 36" x 3
- K&S Music Wire 1/8" x 36" x 1
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.