Fokker E-III Eindecker 100" 120 Size
Time to re-live the war on the Western Front in 1915, with your own Fokker E-III Eindecker! Based on a 1980 design by John Lockwood, this 100" 120 size Eindecker will satisfy the scale modeller who enjoys the craftsmanship of vintage style woodworking and metalwork.
Fokker Eindecker fighters fitted with synchronised machine-guns, came into service with the Imperial German Flying Corps (Die Fliegertruppen). Over the Western Front, the Fokkers gained a measure of air superiority against Allied aircraft. The new fighter came as a surprise to Allied aviators and the psychological effect was an important factor in its success.
While the woodwork in this kit is relatively simple, there is some metal work and fabrication required which will require a level of kit building experience. True to the original aircraft and following the design on the plan, the wing in our kitset is designed and built to operate with wing-warping. This involves the associated metalwork and rigging of the working flying wires. The wood and metals pack includes the music wire and brass tube required, but further metal supplies and part fabrication of mounting points etc will be required.
Our kitset includes laser cut cowling rings to allow you to laminate and sand the engine cowling to shape from balsa and ply parts. The kitset does not include the flying wires and turnbuckles (8 metres of approximately 1mm flying wire and 10 turnbuckles required).
- Wingspan: 100" / 2540mm
- Number of channels: 4
- Recommended engine size: 90 size two stroke or 120 to 150 four stroke
- Includes full sized rolled plan
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 2
- 6.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 2
- 1.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 30
- 2.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 18
- 2.5 x 9.5 x 1220 Spruce Sticks x 4
- 3.0 x 12.5 x 1220 Spruce Sticks x 5
- 6.5 x 25 x 915 Balsa Trailing Edge x 3
- 12.5 x 12.5 x 915 Balsa Triangle x 1
- 6.0mm Pine Dowel x 1
- K&S Music Wire 1/8" x 36" x 3
- K&S Music Wire 5/32" x 36" x 2
- K&S Brass Tube 5/32" x 36" x 4
- K&S Brass Tube 1/4" x 36" x 2
- K&S Brass Tube 9/32" x 36" x 1
- K&S Brass Tube 5/16" x 36" x 3
- K&S Streamline Tube 3/8" x 36" x 1
Required But Not Supplied In The Airframe Kit:
- Dubro #300 Turnbuckles Or Equivalent x 5
- Flying Wire 0.8 ~ 1.0mm x 8 Metres
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.