The DH 82A Tiger Moth, one of the nicest aircraft ever built, and what better way to pay homage to this awesome design than to produce our most extensive laser cut short kit yet! Based on the very well engineered and beautifully drawn plan by Farooq Ahmad, this 70" DH 82A Tiger Moth will fly gracefully with a 90 size four stroke or equivalent electric.
Clearly there was a lot of thought put into the engineering and build of this model by the designer, and we have accurately re-drawn, tested and laser cut every necessary component from light balsa through to strong ply, and the result is our most extensive laser cut kit yet! We were so pleased with the results, we wanted to make this model gorgeous, so we even completed the kit by including a fitted vacuum formed cowl and corrugated fuel tank parts, and a complete package of laser cut mild steel components for all the fixtures and fittings. We are truly proud of this kit!
- Wingspan: 70" / 1787mm
- Number of channels: 4
- Recommended engine size: 90 size four stroke or electric equivalent
- Includes full sized rolled plan and laser cut mild steel fittings
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 2
- 5.0 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Spruce x 16
- 5.0 x 5.0 x 915 Spruce x 6
- 6.5 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce x 1
- 12.5 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce x 1
- 1.5 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Strip x 24
- 1.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Strip x 8
- 2.5 x 2.5 x 915 Balsa Strip x 2
- 3.0 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Strip x 6
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Strip x 3
- 5.0 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Strip x 8
- 0.8 x 300 x 600 Birch Ply x 1
- 8 SWG Wire (5/32" / 3.9mm) x 1
- 10 SWG Wire (1/8" / 3.1mm) x 4
- 12 SWG Wire (3/32" / 2.3mm) x 1
- 16 SWG Wire (62 Thou" / 1.57mm) x 3
- 20 SWG Wire (39 Thou" / 0.99mm) x 4
- 6 SWG Brass Tube (3/16" / 4.9mm) x 4
- 12.5 x 12.5 x 300 Hardwood Engine Bearer x 2
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.