The Cessna Bird Dog was a liaison and observation aircraft used by the American Army, who at the time were looking for a single engine all metal aircraft to replace the wood and fabric covered aircraft of the era, which had short service lives. The Cessna Bird Dog first went into service in the Korean War in 1950.
Our 72" Laser Cut Short Kit is based on a Bob Rich design, and will fly well with a 40 size two stroke or 70 size four stroke, or electric equivalent. The kit includes a vacuum formed ABS cowling and laser cut window pieces.
- Wingspan: 72" / 1828mm
- Number of channels: 4 - 5
- Recommended engine size: 40 two stroke, 70 four stroke or electric equivalent
- Includes full sized rolled plan
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 18
- 2.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 4
- 1.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 6.5 x 12.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 15.0 x 15.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 5.0 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 3
- 6.5 x 9.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 4
- 6.5 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 2
- 6.5 x 25 x 915 Balsa Trailing Edge x 1
- 9.5 x 32 x 915 Balsa Trailing Edge x 1
- 12.5 x 50 x 915 Balsa Trailing Edge x 1
- 25.0 x 25.0 x 915 Balsa Triangle x 1
- 3/16" Music Wire x 1
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.