A scale modellers dream come true! Cessna's famous two place light aircraft reproduced in our extensive 1/4 Scale Laser Cut Short Kit, complimented with 4 large and very well drawn and detailed plan sheets.
The Cessna 140 was an all metal airplane with fabric covered wings, powered by an 85 horsepower Continental engine. It was pleasing to look at, inexpensive to operate, and fun to fly!
This beautiful model is another of our extensive laser cut scale short kits, with the model made entirely of balsa, ply and spruce using standard construction techniques. The wings are in two panels and disconnect easily for transportation. Any good 90 to 120 two or four stroke will provide more than enough power.
- Wingspan: 96" / 2438mm
- Number of channels: 5
- Recommended engine size: 90 - 108 two stroke, 90 - 120 four stroke or electric equivalent
- Includes full sized rolled plan and the original construction article
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 1.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 4
- 3.0 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 16
- 3.0 x 100 x 1220 Balsa Sheet x 3
- 6.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 3
- 12.5 x 100 x 1220 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 3.0 x 3.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 5
- 3.0 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 3
- 5.0 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 9.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 3
- 9.5 x 19 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 1220 Spruce Sticks x 4
- 6.5 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 2
- 9.5 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 2
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.