Slingsby T7 Kirby Cadet 100" Glider
The classic Slingsby T7 Kirby Cadet first flew in 1935 and was used by the Royal Air Force as a training glider for their air cadet program.
We are pleased to present this classic glider in a 100" design suitable for aerotow or slope soaring. Our kitset includes an extensive range of fibreglass fittings to help with hookup of the functional wing struts, as well as two different dihedral braces to allow you to build the kitset with a scale dihedral of zero degrees, or 1.5 degrees dihedral.
Details of a working tow release for aerotowing are also shown on the plan.
- Wingspan: 100" / 2540mm
- Number of channels: 3 - 4
- Includes full sized rolled plan
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 1.5 x 100 x 1220 Balsa Sheet x 4
- 2.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 3.0 x 100 x 1220 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 9.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 12.5 x 100 x 1220 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 1.5 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Stick x 16
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Stick x 4
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Stick x 4
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 1220 Balsa Stick x 6
- 6.5 x 9.5 x 1220 Balsa Stick x 4
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 1220 Spruce Stick x 2
- Dubro Threaded Rod 4-40 x 30" x 4
- Dubro #336 Threaded Coupler x 2
- 1/2" x 36" Streamline Aluminium Tube x 4
- 5/32" x 12" Brass Tube x 1
- 9/32" x 12" Brass Tube x 1
- Dubro 2 1/14" Wheel x 1
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.