The Aurora is another National title winner designed and flown by Mr Masahiro Kato, and originally produced as a kitset by MK Kits.
Working from the plan we have carefully recreated this model as a laser cut short kit. MK Kits were famous for their carefully sculpted balsa wood blocks, and we have replaced these with layers of laminated shapes, to allow you to easily re-create the models flowing lines. All of the laminated parts are labeled as per the original plan.
Also included is a vacuum formed canopy & Fibreglass belly pan.
- Wingspan: 67" / 1702mm
- Number of channels: 5
- Recommended engine size: 60 two stroke rear exchaust or electric equivalent
- Includes full sized rolled plan
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 2.0 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 16
- 2.0 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 2
- 6.5 x 8.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 3.0 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 3.0 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 6.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
Additional Accessory recommended
- Landing Gear (3.5KG Servoless Electric Retractable Landing Gear, or original MK)
- .60 Size rea exhaust Engine with 650mm tuned pipe OR .60 Size electric motor and 100A ESC with 6S 5000mAh (fits perfectly where the tank would go)
- 2 x Pushrods (dubro)
- 2x Aileron Servo
- 1x Rudder Servo
- 1x Elevator Servo
- 1x Throttle Servo
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.