Heron 142" Glider
Relive the golden years of RC gliders with our new range of modern classics!
Drawing on the classic lines of Dave Thornburg's Bird Of Time from the 1970's, we have scaled up those timeless curves and re-engineered them into a 142" / 3.6 metre classic glider.
The design features an interlocking fuselage for straightforward and accurate construction, fibreglass airbrakes and balsa wood airbrake surrounds, to make duplicating those classic lines a piece of cake. The kit also includes our own completely re-drawn full size plan.
For those who would like to convert it to electric, we have also added some down thrust to the front fuselage former which can be used a a mounting point for electric conversion.
- Wingspan: 142" / 3606mm
- Number of channels: 2 - 3
- Includes full sized rolled plan
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 8
- 1.5 x 100 x 1220 Balsa Sheet x 4
- 3.0 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 9.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1/3
- 1.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 6
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 8
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 9.5 x 15.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 6
- 3.0 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 4
- 3.0 x 12.5 x 1220 Spruce Sticks x 4
- K&S Brass Tube 1/8" x 12" x 1
- K&S Brass Tube 13/32" x 12" x 2
- K&S Music Wire 3/32" x 36" x 1
- 8.0 mm dowel x 300 mm - 1 off
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.