Born in the 1930's and a two time Nationals winner by 1940, the Bombshell was a legend in it's own time.
The Buzzard Bombshell is one of the most famous aircraft in aeromodelling, and was once the most dreaded contender in free flight circles, and was later converted to RC.
The Bombshell can be stooged around the sky by any beginner on a 35 or 45 size two stroke. She will take off in 10 to 15 feet, and land slow enough to walk beside.
UK Customers - Please note that this kit does not reach the £135 VAT border threshold and is therefore not available for purchase.
- Wingspan: 72" / 1828mm
- Number of channels: 3
- Recommended engine size: 35 - 45 two stroke, 54 four stroke or electric equivalent
- Includes full sized rolled plan and the original construction article
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 1.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 5
- 3.0 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 3.0 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 1.5 x 3.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 1.5 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 1.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 6
- 3.0 x 3.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 3
- 3.0 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 3
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 3
- 8.0 x 8.0 x 915mm Balsa Sticks x 1
- 9.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 12.5 x 12.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Spruce x 8
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.