Another pretty classic from the 1930's returns, with Ben Shereshaw's Mercury 72" Vintage model.
Designed originally in the 1930's as a free flight model, running a vintage spark ignition motor. We have modified the tail surfaces and provided supplements to the original plan to allow you to easily build a full function 3 channel RC version. Also included are some MDF jigs to simplify construction of the aircraft's pretty curves.
The Mercury can be stooged around the sky by any beginner on a 35 or 45 size two stroke.
UK Customers - Please note that the short kit does not reach the £135 VAT border threshold and is therefore not available for purchase.
- Wingspan: 72" / 1828mm
- Number of channels: 3
- Recommended engine size: 35 - 45 two stroke, 54 four stroke or electric equivalent
- Includes full sized rolled plan
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
(These materials are included in the Complete Airframe Kit)
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 4
- 2.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 4
- 2.5 x 2.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 3.0 x 3.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 6
- 3.0 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 3
- 5.0 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 9
- 5.0 x 8.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 6
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 5
- 6.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 6.5 x 19.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 8.0 x 8.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 10
- 9.5 x 12.5 x 300 Engine Bearers x 2
- 6.0 x 900 Dowel x 1
- 1/16" x 915 Music Wire x 1
- 1/8" x 915 Music Wire x 1
Short Kit Or Complete Airframe Kit?
A Short Kit includes a full size printed plan and all of the laser cut parts that are required as part of the complete airframe build.
Items such as wing ribs, dihedral joiners, fuselage formers & fuselage parts, doublers, bulkheads and so on.
Every part which is a complex cut is precisely laser cut as per the plan and included in the short kit. Some kits may also include vacuum formed ABS parts like canopies or cowlings.
With a Short Kit, the only items you need to add to the laser cut parts to build a complete airframe are components which are simply cut to length. Parts such as wing spars, wing sheeting or fuselage sheeting for example.
A Complete Airframe Kit includes the Laser Cut Short Kit, plus the entire list of additional materials required to complete the airframe build.
Select this option when adding to your cart to purchase all of the materials required to complete the airframe build.
Every kit includes a full size printed plan, and where available the designers original construction notes. The kits do not include miscellaneous hardware such as pushrods, control horns, hinges, wheels etc.